Friday 11 March 2016

Titan Cement cancels plans for polluting concrete facility

Great news on the fresh air front:

Titan America announced Thursday that it is shutting down plans to build a years in the making cement plant because, "project economics no longer support the construction of a cement plant in Castle Hayne."

Odom said the opposition did not have anything to do with the decision. A grassroots effort to oppose the plant bubbled up early and continued into 2015 with meetings to update the project. “I think there was a lot of bad information out there. I think there is a lot of emotion. I think if you look at the facts and visit our Roanoke plant like we ask many people to do, it was not a big deal. I understand their concerns. I think their concerns are overblown,” Odom said.

You know what? I don't care if you blame it on little green men from Venus (duh, men from Mars are red), as long as it doesn't get built. That being said, if it hadn't been for the sustained opposition to this cement plant, it would have been built 3-4 years ago. So bite me.


http://ift.tt/1pB2UfU

No comments:

Post a Comment