Wednesday 9 December 2015

NC State reserve linebacker M.J. Salahuddin suffers another ACL tear

Well this stinks. NC State linebacker M.J. Salahuddin announced Wednesday evening that he has suffered an ACL tear, which is his second such injury in as many years. Salahuddin suffered his first ACL tear during camp in August of 2014, forcing him to sit out the entire season.

He'd been in the running for a starting job at that point, and prior to this season he was understandably eager to get back on the field. Now he has another long recovery ahead of him, and after reading that article in hindsight, I just ... ugh. Hate it for the kid. Though he's doing pretty well staying upbeat about it.

http://pic.twitter.com/5UbP1fIuRC

— MJ Salahuddin (@Elite_Athlete8) December 10, 2015

Here's the transcript of his message:

For the second time in two years, the devil has attempted to steal every amount of aspiration that God has placed in me by way of an ACL tear. I stand today, with you all invited, still giving my Lord and savior all the glory and all the praise. It really makes Satan upset to have to reconstruct another trick to deter the blessings set out for my life. Because I walk by faith and not by sight, and live every moment repeating to myself Jeremiah 29:11 (For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.) I'm fully aware taht the covering of God will always be greater than the attack that's raining down! I wish I could personally acknowledge everyone who has helped me reach this level of athletics, but the list stretches for miles. So in turn, I'd like to simply acknowledge the fact that your support will never go in vain and this will not be the last step on my ladder to success!

It's not clear what this means for Salahuddin's football career at NC State, though given the timing, it's not out of the question that he could be ready by fall camp next year.

In 2015, Salahuddin played in eight games, making one start, and had 14 tackles.


http://ift.tt/1Z098C8

No comments:

Post a Comment