Monday 25 April 2016

It's Carlos Rodon Week in Baltimore

I'm going to Baltimore this weekend to watch the Chicago White Sox play the Baltimore Orioles. It's the third time I've made the trek to Camden Yards, and me and Baltimore, we've had a good relationship up to this point. In 2006, the White Sox won the series-opener in preposterous fashion.

In 2010, I got to see the MLB debut of some kid named Chris Sale. He came out of the pen; seemed to have a decent arm. Not sure what happened to him. My guess is he landed on his feet.

Those were all fun times. That 2006 series is extra special to me thanks to Ross Gload, but 2010 was great for an entirely different reason, which I didn't realize at the time. (Chris Sale!) Camden Yards was consistent in its greatness throughout these years.

Now the White Sox are back in town with Carlos Rodon set to start at some point during the weekend. The circumstances are coincidental, but this is why I love Baltimore. Gonna go see Carlos Rodon and that wipeout slider destroy some folks, just as I went and saw Chris Sale and his wipeout slider destroy some folks a half decade ago.

If Rodon was before your time at NC State, or if you've just forgotten how good he was, then here are some highlights from his dominant effort against UNC in the College World Series:


http://ift.tt/1MUq0sv

No comments:

Post a Comment