Tuesday 6 September 2016

NC State an early 4.5-point favorite over Eastern Carolina

NC State is a solid favorite to win at East Carolina this week, per Vegas Insider. The line on this game opened at NCSU -3.5, quickly rose to NCSU -6.5, and has since settled at NCSU -4.5. That feels low to me but some random crud can occur in Greenville, there is no question about that.

This is a good test for Eli Drinkwitz out of the gate: how much do you trust your quarterback(s) at this point, and how much do you lean on your running game? Maybe the better question is just how conservative will you be on the road in the first quarter when everybody is yelling?

I’m trying not to think about the latter question because I already know the answer.

Ready or not, football is comin’ at you, in shaky-road-game style. Gonna be scary. I’ll get through it, but I probably won’t like it. And I actually think State wins this game by about three touchdowns, but don’t tell anyone that. Good heavens, we don’t want that idea to get out.


http://ift.tt/2bTlkr8

No comments:

Post a Comment