Wednesday 4 January 2017

NC State DE Bradley Chubb will return for senior season

Great news for the Wolfpack defense.

NC State received some very good news Wednesday afternoon when all-conference defensive end Bradley Chubb announced that he will return for his senior season. The Wolfpack’s defensive line will again be a major strength of this team in 2017.

Here’s Chubb, via NC State’s release:

"I'm very happy about this decision because I know coming back to NC State is the best thing for me," Chubb said. "I prayed about it and know that I'm supposed to stay. I have personal goals - being first-team All-ACC and All-American - that I haven't accomplished yet, but more importantly I want to help our team accomplish our goals. We have some unfinished business and I can't wait to get back on the field with my Wolfpack brothers and get to work."

The Pack’s line is going to be loaded with talent, depth, and experience. Chubb finished 2016 with 22 tackles for loss, the second-highest single-season total in school history. That total ranked 4th nationally. He also had 10.5 sacks, putting him in the top 20 nationally.

Darian Roseboro (11 TFL, 7 sacks), Kentavius Street (9 TFL, 5.5 sacks), Justin Jones (6.5 TFL, 3 sacks), and B.J. Hill (2.5 TFL, 1 sack) all have been productive players for NC State over the past couple years, turning the defensive line into one of opponents’ more difficult matchups week in and week out.

They’ve had been pretty good without Chubb next season, but his return makes the unit that much scarier.


http://ift.tt/2iEEL5X

No comments:

Post a Comment