Friday 22 July 2016

Cat Barber signs partially guaranteed contract with Philadelphia 76ers

Cat Barber didn’t get a lot of playing time with the Pelicans’ summer league team this month, but he’ll still have a shot to make an NBA roster this fall. Barber has signed a contract with the Philadelphia 76ers that is partially guaranteed, per a report from The Vertical’s Shams Charania.

So what does that mean for Cat? First and most obviously, he’s got some money coming his way. He’ll also be one of the 20 players at 76ers’ training camp, giving him the opportunity to earn his way onto the regular season roster of 15, though that is not likely to happen.

His guarantee is probably not huge—maybe in the $50,000 to $100,000 range—and he would have to make it past an early January deadline with the Sixers for his full (and much larger) rookie-season salary to become fully guaranteed.

More likely, Barber will be assigned by the Sixers to their D-League affiliate following training camp. The salaries in the D-League are paltry—$26k at best—but the financial guarantee from the Sixers effectively triples or quadruples that salary.

So, factoring in the guarantee and his potential NBADL salary, he has an offer to stay in the Sixers organization that is competitive with most international offers, which is an important point. NBA teams take these financial fliers on kids to keep them stateside and within their own organizations.

It’s possible that Barber surprises everybody and makes the Sixers’ roster, but these sorts of deals with rookies are aimed toward the longer term. Whether or not Cat makes the team this year, he’ll be making enough playing basketball to support his family. That’s not bad for the first year of his professional career.


http://ift.tt/2a00OOy

14 comments:

  1. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. BARBER SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely helpful info particularly the last part I care for such information a lot.
    Looking for the best sushi nyc has,check out SUSHI here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciating the time and energy you put into your website and detailed information you present. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed material. Wonderful read! BARBER

    ReplyDelete
  4. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you.SUSHI PLATTER

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.Check out our SUSHI and SUSHI PLATTER

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should experience a contest for one of the most useful blogs on the internet. I’m going to suggest this website.sushi catering and sushi grade fish

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks.sushi and sushi catering

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked your article, your article is very petrified me in the learning process and provide additional knowledge to me, maybe I can learn more from you,I will wait for your next article, thanks.barber and barber shop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your blog frequently, and I just thought I’d say keep up the fantastic work! It is one of the most outstanding blogs in my opinion. what is sushi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative. i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you. as you have done a wonderful job. sushi platter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. Sushi Sushi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire the useful facts you offer inside your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and also have my children verify up here often. I’m very sure they’ll learn a lot of new things right here than anybody else. ezismile.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post here.You have done a very good work to share a very good post with us taking out your time to explain in detail. Thanks.houstonbookdonations.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    hire virtual assistant

    ReplyDelete