Monday 24 April 2017

Recapping the trip to Fenway

Despite the weather and the Pack’s tough game, you won’t find a cooler venue to watch a game.

I’ll be honest, I had April 22 circled on my calendar every since I bought tickets to attend the #StrikeOutALS game at Fenway between Boston College and the Pack. I had been fortunate enough to attend a couple of Red Sox games at Fenway in my life, but this would be different. Getting to see the Pack play in a venue as storied as Fenway was too good to pass up.

There’s no other way to say it, but the weather in Boston was horrendous this weekend. Cold, rainy and raw. Not ideal conditions to watch a baseball game at all. Nevertheless, even with conditions as rotten as they were, the crowd at Fenway was still pretty solid for what I expected. It was never going to be anything like an MLB game, even if the weather had been better. But, the fans that were there made the most of it, and boy were they loud.

This is so damn cool. http://pic.twitter.com/XlDbgSJHQo

— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) April 22, 2017

My wife and I got to the game roughly around when the 1st inning debacle happened, so you can blame me for bringing the #NCStateSheeeeeeet into the building. Of course after that four run inning nightmare happened, many other fans like myself decided to stand in the beer line. This is also reason #894578475 why they need to sell alcohol at all NC State sporting events, because lord knows we need it most of the time.

Like Akula already mentioned, the play from the Pack was pretty terrible this weekend. Whether the conditions had some effect, the pressure to win and get back on track or some combination of them, they really never could get anything going. The exception to that of course was the sixth inning in the game at Fenway, where the Pack scored 2 runs to cut the lead to one, and one felt like the momentum had really shifted the Pack’s way.

Slight seat upgrade http://pic.twitter.com/h11jo2cOHz

— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) April 22, 2017

Not going to lie, this was a pretty tremendous spot to watch that half inning. Also equally as awesome was running into a group of Pack fans in that section that was hurling some of the best heckling and insults I’ve ever heard at a baseball game. Y’all were awesome.

In closing I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the reason for the Pack playing BC at Fenway, and that was for the #StrikeOutALS game. As many of you know, former player Chris Combs was recently diagnosed with ALS, and if you’d like to donate to his cause and for funding for finding a cure for ALS, head on over to http://ift.tt/2jkyXyA.


http://ift.tt/2omRoIM

No comments:

Post a Comment